The Texas Star Health Initiative is a health program specifically customized for each patient with the objective of making lasting improvements in their quality of life. To determine the needs of each patient, we’ve designed an approach which fosters a close relationship between patient, physician, our Doctor of Pharmacy, and clinical nutritionist.
As a part of our program, we can address a variety of issues that include: Weight loss/body composition, bio-identical hormone balancing for women and men, nutritional support, comprehensive drug review, pain/inflammation issues, thyroid/adrenal issues, stress, fatigue, anti-aging and more.
1) Sign up for our annual collaboration program. Annual fee required.
2) Make an appointment with our nutritionist at least one day in advance. Call: 972-519-8475 to schedule with a staff member.
3) Complete intake forms prior to first appointment. Bring forms and a current list of prescription and OTC vitamins, shakes, bars, etc.. in a bag to the initial appointment.
4) Upon completion of first consultation, laboratory tests may requested from your physician. We will review and make a customized recommendation for the physician's approval.
5) You will then be scheduled for an appointment with our Doctor of Pharmacy, Donna Barsky, Pharm.D., to review the recommendations and begin your personalized health plan.
Our onsite compounding laboratory allows us to provide a personalized treatment regimen that includes individualized custom medications and nutritional supplements. In addition, our clinical nutritionist can assist with positive lifestyle changes and patient compliance advice.
Our Health Initiative Improves Quality of Life With Plans Unique to Each Patient.
LIVE LONGER. LIVE BETTER.
Christina Reiter is a certified clinical nutritionist at Texas Star Pharmacy, located at the corner of Parker Road and Independence in Plano, Texas.
Christina lives to help people. At the age of 16, she was the first Teen Volunteer at the local hospital (they called them “Candy Stripers” back then) to reach 5,000 hours of service. Her academic career began in Psychology at the University of Chicago, but soon heard her naturopathic calling from bowels of the rodent lab. Three years later, Christina graduated from Bastyr University in 1996 with a degree in Dietetics and Nutritional Sciences. In 1997, she helped write and illustrate the manual used by the Nutritional Therapy Association and brought the course to Texas with the help of Biotics Research Corporation. In 2000 she moved into private practice and created a diet plan called The Metabolic Profiling System Diet, copyrighted that same year.
Christina has been working in the field of nutrition and functional medicine for over 20 years as a healthcare practitioner and advisor to physicians and patients on nutritional solutions, laboratory testing and compounded hormones. She is a member of the International and American Associations of Clinical Nutritionists (IAACN) and certified as a clinical nutritionist through the Clinical Nutrition Certification Board.
Experience the difference of combining the best of nutritional science with traditional medicine in an easy-going, natural pharmacy setting. Trust her with your life; she'll take better care of it than you do.